Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Heartfelt Love Help

 

Heartfelt Love Help

1 Corinthians 14: It is love, then, that you should strive for. Set your hearts on spiritual gifts, especially the gift of proclaiming God's message. Those who speak in strange tongues do not speak to others but to God, because no one understands them. They are speaking secret truths by the power of the Spirit. But those who proclaim God's message speak to people and give them help, encouragement, and comfort. Those who speak in strange tongues help only themselves, but those who proclaim God's message help the whole church.

 

============

 

Feeling rotten, I must have had a disgusted look on my face because people kept asking me “Is everything alright?” Usually I was the one asking that question but this particular day was the exception. Finally, someone approached me and said “It will be alright. GOD is with you.” I guess I just needed to hear that at the time.

 

  • Many people have given me encouragement when I was down.
  • Many people have provided comfort for me when I was feeling low.
  • Many people have used their gifts to help me in time of need.

 

Paul mentions a special act of love we are all supposed to share in. He attempts to convince everyone to use their GOD given spiritual gifts as often as possible. One gift to acquire is proclaiming GOD’s message.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to recognize that my gifts and talents come from HIM.
  • GOD wants me to set my heart on helping others.
  • GOD wants me to encourage, comfort and help others in their time of need.

 

We all need help, comfort and encouragement at some point. No one is above pain. BUT GOD put people around me to ease the pain and encourage me to keep going. HE knows life would be a challenge so HE not only provided the HOLY SPIRIT to me for comfort, HE provided HIM to those who believe in JESUS.

 

HE has given many people comfort and they in turn provide that comfort to others. I am grateful people have used their gifts to share GOD’s encouragement and comfort to me and others.

 

Challenge

  • Have you looked at your gifts and talents lately?
  • What do you feel when you hear the words “help” and “encouragement” and “comfort?”
  • Will you use your GOD given gifts to provide help, encouragement and comfort to someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment