Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Why Remember?

Why Remember?

! Corinthians 11: 23 For I received from the Lord the teaching that I passed on to you: that the Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took a piece of bread, 24 gave thanks to God, broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. Do this in memory of me.” 25 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup and said, “This cup is God's new covenant, sealed with my blood. Whenever you drink it, do so in memory of me.”

 

============

 

Hurt by the circumstance, I had forgotten all the good times when laughter ensued from the house. Bitter attacks and missing people left five individuals wounded and seemingly, forever separated. The enemy had devoured us, or so he thought.

 

  • There have been circumstances in my life that attempted to erase the good that happened.
  • There have been situations in my life that tried to remove the great memories that happened.
  • There have been obstacles, barriers and thieves, that tried to steal the wonderful things that happened.

 

Paul addresses divisiveness by giving the training he received directly from JESUS. “Remember ME.” Paul mentions the teaching of JESUS as HE spoke to HIS disciples before HE was crucified. JESUS knew times would get difficult and Satan would seek to divide by turning up pride, hidden lies and hardened hearts. HE wanted them to remember what HE had overcome.

 

My Observation

  • JESUS wants me to remember that HE overcame all my sins, when I sin.
  • JESUS wants me to remember that HE loved me more than any human could ever love me.
  • JESUS wants me to remember that HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to comfort me and I am never alone regardless of how things may seem.

 

Remembering JESUS is extremely important. I mean, if I think “I” did things on my own, then pride would creep in. Remembering JESUS controls pride. If I dwell on the hurt and the pain, I forget that HE felt pain and hurt, just for me. When I remember that JESUS died and was raised from the dead, my hurt and pain stings less.

 

When I feel all alone, I remember that JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to comfort me. HE begs for forgiveness of my sins and provides the right words when I need them. Remembering the good helps heal my wounds.

 

Challenge

  • What good things do you remember that the enemy is trying to steal from you?
  • Do you think remaining stuck on the circumstance, even for years, will help you heal from wounds?
  • Will you remember the good and especially what JESUS did for you so the HOLY SPIRIT can provide the comfort you seek today?

No comments:

Post a Comment