Friday, September 17, 2021

Love is Exciting

Love is Exciting

1 Corinthians 13: Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs; love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth. Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

 

============

 

After reading this list, I realized that I had not shown love to my family and friends. It made me feel bad. But replacing “love” with “JESUS” the list becomes less of a burden on me and more excitement in my relationship with HIM.

 

  • Expecting humans to show this type of love will bring on disappointment.
  • Expecting humans to show unconditional love is false.
  • Expecting humans to show pure love that has no sin in it, is impossible.

 

“All have sinned and fall short of GOD’s glory.” Paul said this and knows humans cannot produce the type of love needed to save humanity. BUT JESUS did. Paul writes about they type of love JESUS showed us. JESUS executed love flawlessly.

 

My Observations

  • When GOD says to me “I love you”, HE means it.
  • When GOD says to me “I will always be with you”, I can believe this to be true.
  • When GOD says to me “I stand at the door and knock, if anyone opens the door I will come in and sup with you”, I can open my heart to HIM and know HE will fill it up with HIS love.

 

GOD never lies and is the only one who can show true love. But where does that leave humans? It leaves us with a hole in our hearts that can only be filled with GOD’s love. If I try to fill this hole with work or prestige or materials possessions or worldly lusts, the hole in my heart drains the actions onto the ground.

 

When I allow GOD to fill my heart, the HOLY SPIRIT guides me to an abundant life that the world may not understand. I am excited about the pure love JESUS has shown me and all who believe in HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What do you observe when you compare this list to what JESUS did for you?
  • How do you feel about this list when you look at other humans?
  • How do you feel about this list when you look at JESUS?
  • Will you rethink the source of love and allow GOD to place this source in your heart today?

No comments:

Post a Comment