Friday, September 10, 2021

Broken Mirror

 Broken Mirror

1 Corinthians 12 12 Christ is like a single body, which has many parts; it is still one body, even though it is made up of different parts. 13 In the same way, all of us, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether slaves or free, have been baptized into the one body by the same Spirit, and we have all been given the one Spirit to drink.

 

============

 

When I was moving, I threw a hand mirror in a box with books and other hard items. While unpacking I noticed it was cracked. I could still use the mirror, but it just wasn’t the same.

 

  • I am part of larger group.
  • I am a broken piece of a whole mirror.
  • I am part of the entire body of CHRIST, but I need other broken pieces.

 

“Let us make man in OUR image” was the creation of the mirror. But when Adam sinned, the entire mirror was broken. It could no longer reflect GOD as a whole. Each piece could reflect a tiny portion, but not the whole being.

 

My Observation

  • GOD wants me to know I am part of CHRIST, but only a part.
  • GOD wants me to understand that I need other pieces of the mirror to reflect HIM properly.
  • GOD wants me to seek the other broken pieces to put the mirror back together.

 

Knowing one part of the mirror is not more important than another part is the beginning. I mean, when I move a piece of the mirror to the eye or the ear, it reflects what is shown. BUT GOD wants an entire reflection. HE wants all the pieces put back together.

 

But what happens when they are all together? Wouldn’t there still be a crack? Yes. But somehow the HOLY SPIRIT removes the crack when we are “baptized into the one body” by HIM. HE guides us to see we all need each other to truly reflect GOD. I am glad I need other pieces.

 

Challenge

  • What are your observations about the differences spoken here?
  • What do you notice about the HOLY SPIRIT?
  • Do you feel you are a part of something much bigger?
  • Will you seek CHRIST and be added into the body today?

No comments:

Post a Comment