Monday, September 20, 2021

Perfect Love

 

Perfect Love

1 Corinthians 13: Love is eternal. There are inspired messages, but they are temporary; there are gifts of speaking in strange tongues, but they will cease; there is knowledge, but it will pass. For our gifts of knowledge and of inspired messages are only partial; 10 but when what is perfect comes, then what is partial will disappear.

 

============

 

“You can do it” were the words of inspiration I told someone. When the person accomplished what was set out to do, I wondered if my words had any part in the success. I wonder this because I could not do what the person was attempting.

 

  • My inspiration is a partial solution to someone’s circumstance.
  • My speech is a partial solution to someone’s situation.
  • My sharing of knowledge to help someone is flawed because I only have partial knowledge.

 

Paul says “Love is eternal.” This love he speaks about is JESUS. When HE returns, then there will be no need for humans to use their gifts to point to perfection.

 

My Observation

  • JESUS is love and HE gives HIS perfect love to me.
  • JESUS died for me and was raised from the dead to wipe away my sins.
  • JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me because sin is part of me.

 

Being born into sin is difficult. I mean, my thoughts are usually not on GOD, rather they are on myself. But every once in a while, I am prompted to use a gift GOD gave me to point people to JESUS. This is temporary. I fall into sin, repent, and seek to be better day by day.

 

JESUS knows I have this issue. HE knows that sin will be present in me until HE returns and I am with HIM eternally. Until then, HE wants me to know humans are not perfect, but HIS love is perfection. I am grateful for HIS love for anyone who can give their heart to HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What messages or actions inspire you from a person who is not alive?
  • Have you ever been inspired for a short period of time and discouraged during another?
  • Will you ease up on your pursuit of temporary solutions and seek the perfect, eternal solution which is JESUS, who will guide you into all truth today?

No comments:

Post a Comment