Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Up Close and Personal Love

 

Up Close and Personal Love

1 Corinthians 13: 11 When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child; now that I am an adult, I have no more use for childish ways. 12 What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror; then we shall see face-to-face. What I know now is only partial; then it will be complete—as complete as God's knowledge of me.

 

13 Meanwhile these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love.

 

============

 

Driving became very difficult because salt was all over my windshield and the car was out of washer fluid. I had to slow down because the road was partially covered with snow and I could not see very well. I used my best understanding of that road to navigate, but I  really did not know if I was in one lane or another.

 

  • My understanding of life is blurry.
  • My knowledge of life is only partial.
  • My wisdom used in life is like a dim image in a mirror.

 

Paul concludes his explanation of true love. Many people think this love is something that humans can do and do well. Paul explains that we will not really know what we are doing until we see JESUS face-to-face. But what am I supposed to do until then?

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to place my faith in HIS promises that HE will always be with me.
  • GOD wants me to place my hope in JESUS, who I will one day see fact-to-face.
  • GOD wants me to grow up and understand that true love has already been shown to me through JESUS.

 

Imagine a house on fire in the middle of a hurricane and a child asking “Why can’t I watch cartoons right now?” I mean, this child is not even on the road, let alone able to drive. Now think of what the adult should do. Focus on getting everyone to safety with the best knowledge he or she has.

 

GOD has given each of us a second chance. When we were in the middle of our sins, we were doomed to die an eternal death. BUT JESUS took care of that. HE saved me and anyone who will believe in HIM. HE then sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live in me. This act of love only gives me partial abilities. I need other people to complete the mirror. I place my faith and hope in JESUS.

 

Challenge

  • What do you notice about faith and hope being mentioned?
  • What does it mean to speak and act as a child or an adult in terms of CHRIST?
  • Will you stop seeking what you want as a child and seek what GOD wants you to do with your gifts HE has given you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment