Thursday, November 3, 2022

Keep Going

Keep Going

1 Thessalonians 2: 14 Our friends, the same things happened to you that happened to the churches of God in Judea, to the people there who belong to Christ Jesus. You suffered the same persecutions from your own people that they suffered from the Jews, 15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and persecuted us. How displeasing they are to God! How hostile they are to everyone! 16 They even tried to stop us from preaching to the Gentiles the message that would bring them salvation. In this way they have brought to completion all the sins they have always committed. And now God's anger has at last come down on them!

 

============

 

It seemed like the trial would never end. Problem after problem, more situations kept coming. But after a while everything got better. I looked around and there were no trials that could not be handled easily. That’s when bigger trials happened and persecution became the norm.

 

  • I was attacked for speaking about JESUS.
  • I was labeled “the problem” while trying to bring the solution.
  • I was confused and wondered why GOD would allow me to suffer even though I spoke about HIM.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy spoke empathetically to the people of Thessalonica. They mentioned that other churches have suffered persecution for speaking about JESUS as the one and only Savior. Church leaders, who did not believe in JESUS being GOD, caused many trials on those who believed.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS said I would suffer in this life, but my suffering would be worth it.
  • GOD does not want me to suffer, but knows I will because I believe in HIS SON as the solution for everything.
  • Those who do not believe in JESUS will label me, causing persecution.

 

Trials and persecution are not fun. I mean who wants to go through rage, hatred or attacks? I sure don’t!. BUT GOD allows this for some reason. The strangest thing is that JESUS, being GOD, volunteered to become a human and suffer.

 

HE was ridiculed, slandered, lied on and murdered by HIS own creation. Unknown to them, JESUS rose from the dead. The church leaders could not stand to bow down to JESUS even after HIS resurrection.

 

They made people suffer and threw them out of the cushy communities. Fortunately GOD saw this and encouraged all to keep going. I don’t like trials from unbelievers, but I will stand firm and keep going.

 

Challenge

  • What suffering do you think the writers spoke about?
  • Have you ever suffered because of your beliefs in JESUS?
  • Will you keep going even though your love for CHRIST may not make you popular, knowing HE loves you dearly?

No comments:

Post a Comment