Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Check In

Check In

1 Thessalonians 3: For while we were still with you, we told you ahead of time that we were going to be persecuted; and as you well know, that is exactly what happened. That is why I had to send Timothy. I could not bear it any longer, so I sent him to find out about your faith. Surely it could not be that the Devil had tempted you and all our work had been for nothing!

 

============

 

As the storm loomed closer, the news about the hurricane became more and more prevalent. My relatives were in this particular area that was in the path of devastation. I had no idea what was going on.

 

  • I had many questions.
  • I wondered about their safety.
  • I could not bear not knowing, so I checked in on them.

 

Timothy was sent to check in on the Thessalonians. They heard about the persecution and needed someone to go to Thessalonica to help out and to encourage them to remain faithful.

 

My Observations

  • Many people may be going through storms, so GOD wants me to check in on them.
  • I may not have the answer to the situation, BUT GOD wants me to show I am with those HE sends me to.
  • “Does GOD care?” is the question that gets an affirmative answer by me when I check in.

 

Trial and tribulations are not desirable! In fact, they stink! Unfortunately, there is a being who wants to cause problems at every turn, namely the Devil. His torrent of storms causes people to become discouraged and give up. BUT GOD has an answer. “You and me.”

 

“Wait, what can I do?” you may ask. Simply check in on someone. “But I need to be checked in on” you may say. Yes, when you need to be checked in on, someone else is in the same difficult spot and may just need you. I am not telling those who cannot muster up energy to just try harder. I am saying if someone comes to mind, check in on him or her.

 

Challenge

  • Why do the writers mention their persecution?
  • What trial and tribulations have you gone through that you wished someone would have checked in on you?
  • Will you check in on someone so you can pray for him or her and encourage people to keep their faith in CHRIST?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please bless this reader to remain firm in YOUR path. Bless this reader to be filled with encouragement that YOU have all situations under YOUR control. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment