Wednesday, November 30, 2022

When Life Gets Difficult

When Life Gets Difficult

1 Thessalonians 5: It is at night when people sleep; it is at night when they get drunk. But we belong to the day, and we should be sober. We must wear faith and love as a breastplate, and our hope of salvation as a helmet. 

 

============

 

Life was particularly hard during a stretch of time. It seemed like trials were not ending before another would surface. “You have got to be kidding!” I exclaimed in frustration. To mask the pain, I went to places with loud music, dancing and drunkenness.

 

  • I needed an escape.
  • I wanted some temporary relief.
  • I saw other people having ”fun” so I thought I would try what they were doing.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy spoke about “night” or dark times. During these times, it is easy to be persuaded into getting “drunk” or to rely on something to ease the pain that may not be good for the soul. Putting on specific protective clothes was the recommendation.

 

My Observations

  • To ease the pain of life, GOD provides faith in HIM as a solution.
  • To face hurt, rage and anger, GOD gives me love as a way out.
  • To calm the negative thoughts that could run through my mind, GOD provides hope as a cure for despair or helplessness.

 

Faith, love and hope as clothing provide protection for my heart and mind. I mean, when I dwell on all the pain and hurt I or others are going through, I start sinking into an abyss of sorrow. I then desire to slip into dark places and get “drunk” to temporarily ease the pain. Unfortunately the pain gets worse and more frequent. Is there a cure? Yes.

 

GOD tells me to place my faith in HIM to use HIS love as the protector of my heart. HE then tells me to place my hope in HIM and not on temporary things in life. This hope will keep my mind focused on HIS love versus the trial. I am glad faith, love and hope come from GOD versus any human.

 

Challenge

  • What is the origination of faith and love spoken by the writers?
  • Do you think humans can show unflawed faith or unflawed love?
  • Will you place your hope in JESUS for salvation so HE can clothe you with HIS faith and HIS love which is unflawed and pure for your protection today?

No comments:

Post a Comment