Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Urging

Urging

1 Thessalonians 2: 10 You are our witnesses, and so is God, that our conduct toward you who believe was pure, right, and without fault. 11 You know that we treated each one of you just as parents treat their own children. 12 We encouraged you, we comforted you, and we kept urging you to live the kind of life that pleases God, who calls you to share in his own Kingdom and glory.

 

============

 

“You should do it!” was the message of the dare. As more people joined in, the dare became more appealing. “I bet you won’t” were the words of the final straw! There was no turning back!

 

  • I had to do what people were urging me to do.
  • I did not want to be embarrassed so I did it.
  • Now that I did it, people urged me to do some other dare that made no sense.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy spent a tremendous amount of time with the people of Thessalonica. They made sure their conduct and motives were pure, right and without fault. They were very careful with the people, just like parents are with their children.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to treat HIS children carefully.
  • Encouragement is a gift GOD wants me to give in generous doses.
  • Comfort is needed when GOD delivers someone to me who is going through things.

 

Sharing in GOD’s Kingdom is the goal. HE has better stuff, a better place and no worries. HE wants everyone to have a better life. Unfortunately there are times when I think that life can be obtained here on earth. I try to scrape as much money together to pretend I am living a great life. BUT GOD has a better way.

 

HE wants me to live my life with HIS purpose. This means I should govern myself in a way that is pleasing to HIM. Encouragement and comfort should not be held back from anyone, friend or foe. I am glad GOD calls me and you to share in HIS kingdom.

 

Challenge

  • How did the writers treat the people?
  • How would you like to be treated?
  • Will you seek to share GOD’s kingdom with everyone and live a life that is pleasing to HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment