Friday, November 11, 2022

Welcome News

 Welcome News

1 Thessalonians 3Now Timothy has come back, and he has brought us the welcome news about your faith and love. He has told us that you always think well of us and that you want to see us just as much as we want to see you. 

 

============

 

“I heard you turned into a church guy” a friend said to me in a seemingly insulting way. It did not come as a surprise to me seeing how I was fresh out of a life that I felt was regretful. While convicting, I took this as welcome news because he had heard about my change of heart.

 

  • I was known for the parties I threw.
  • I decided to live for the LORD, so I stopped doing what I was doing.
  • I did not know people were still watching me.

 

Timothy came back with “welcome news” about the faith of the Thessalonians. They had been persecuted, yet they stood firm in their faith. They wanted to see Paul and Silas but could not so they sent their well wishes.

 

My Observations

  • Welcome news is a rare thing GOD wants me to spread.
  • Encouraging news is something in short supply that GOD gest excited when I give it away.
  • Good News is the message of JESUS saving me, and GOD loves when I spread it.

 

“No bad news” is what many people want, but cannot find. I mean, the news is full of devastation, corruption and fear. People can’t get enough of it. Somehow humans are drawn to “train wrecks” or car accidents. I don’t know if it is a feeling of superiority that make humans want to point out that something went wrong over there. BUT GOD wants welcome news.

 

HE wants me to focus on HIS strength, HOS power and HIS deliverance. GOD shows me people who have kept the faith and want me to do the same, even through trials. I am excited that I can bring welcome news about those who have kept the faith, especially you.

 

Challenge:

  • What welcome news did Timothy bring?
  • How did you feel when someone brought you good news about how someone was doing?
  • Will you start bringing “welcome news” so GOD’s Good News can be heard today?

No comments:

Post a Comment