Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Silent Work

Silent Work

1 Thessalonians 2: 13 And there is another reason why we always give thanks to God. When we brought you God's message, you heard it and accepted it, not as a message from human beings but as God's message, which indeed it is. For God is at work in you who believe.

 

============

 

After receiving some bad news, all of us seemed to be down. We sat around in a low mood, brooding over the bleak future. “Everything is terrible” were the thoughts that ran through my mind. Then someone came into the room with a smile. Not saying a word, the person walked in with a calmness that made me calm.

 

  • I was uneasy about the future.
  • I was feeling like Things would not get better.
  • I instantly felt better when a genuine person exuded peace in the middle of the storm.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy felt thankful for something special. Not only did the people of Thessalonica listen to the message that JESUS as their Savior, they believed with all their hearts. GOD could now, work in them.

 

My Observations

  • One reason I can give thanks to GOD is that HE is at work in me.
  • Another reason I can give thanks to GOD is that I don’t have to try so hard because HE is doing the work.
  • Yet another reason I can give thanks to GOD is that HE chose me to live for HIS purpose.

 

GOD’s power is unstoppable. It cannot be diminished, restrained or deterred in any way. Yet HE chooses to live inside those who yield their beliefs to HIM. As frail and fragile as you and I are, HE stores HIS power inside us.

 

Even a smile in the middle of a storm can help tame a torrent. GOD provides peace, love, and grace that is unimaginable. HIS work in you and me is great. I am thankful GOD has chosen us.

 

Challenge

  • What reasons do you think the writers gave their thanks to GOD?
  • What reasons do you have to be thankful?
  • Will you believe in JESUS as your LORD and Savior beyond salvation, rather so GOD can work in you to do amazing things unknown to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment