Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Getting Stronger

Getting Stronger

1 Thessalonians 3: 11 May our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus prepare the way for us to come to you! 12 May the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow more and more and become as great as our love for you. 13 In this way he will strengthen you, and you will be perfect and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all who belong to him

 

============

 

“I don’t like that guy” I said to myself. I also said “I don’t like that woman” because she was associated with “that” guy. Each time I saw him or her, I would get distracted at the brazen attacks they did on people. “How am I going to protect myself? I wondered.

 

  • I spent hours and hours thinking of ways to protect “my” ideas and career.
  • I missed deadlines because I was so concerned with protecting myself that I forgot to do what I was supposed to do.
  • I was so distracted making labels for him and her that I had no time to create new ideas.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy send their best to the people of Thessalonica. They knew the people had faced difficulties that need a solution. The problem stemmed from church leaders and government officials persecuting people because of their belief in JESUS. They needed something to make them stronger, namely love.

 

My Observations

  • Love is the strengthening source that GOD wants me to have.
  • Love clears up paths that seem to be filled with barriers.
  • Love enables me to, one day, become perfect and holy in the presence of GOD and FATHER when our LORD JESUS comes.

 

GOD is love. GOD is power. Love is power. Seems simple, but I don’t always take advantage of this great exercise for my soul. I mean, it is easier for me to hate other people and label him or her “wrong” versus taking the harder route of loving those who seem to hate me.

 

Love takes patience, goodness, kindness faithfulness, joy, peace, gentleness and self-control. When I exercise the fruit of the Spirit, I get stronger, because GOD’s strength is made perfect in my weakness. I diminish and HE grows. I am glad HE gives me a better way, namely love for one another.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writers wanted to come to the people?
  • Have you ever gotten so mad or distracted by someone that you cannot think?
  • Will you ask GOD for a portion of HIS love so you will become stronger and able to withstand attacks, so you will also stay on the HIS path today?

No comments:

Post a Comment