Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Brought Back to the Right Place

Brought Back to the Right Place

1 Thessalonians 4: 13 Our friends, we want you to know the truth about those who have died, so that you will not be sad, as are those who have no hope. 14 We believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will take back with Jesus those who have died believing in him.

 

============

 

Driving around in circles, I asked for directions twice. I could not find my way to my destination. Finally I stopped a third time and asked for directions. “This place is confusing, but I will help you” were the comforting words I received from a stranger.

 

  • I was lost and did not know how to get unlost.
  • I was getting frustrated with being lost.
  • I watched the time more intently as I drove around, seemingly aimlessly.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy spoke about life after death. This confusing subject has been met with all sorts of philosophies, but they brought the truth. They spoke of eternal life through belief in the resurrection of JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • This place is not my home, rather GOD’s kingdom is my desired home.
  • Life can be confusing, BUT GOD is the only truth I can believe.
  • JESUS was murdered, yet HE rose from the dead and now that I believe, I can have everlasting life.

 

GOD is in control. This statement is more difficult to say when things are going wrong or falling apart. Life can be confusing and directionless. BUT GOD made a way back to HIM, namely JESUS.

 

HE pursues us, knocks on us and asks us to surrender our lives to HIM. HE cares deeply for us, especially when we sin. HE provides for us and cannot wait to take us back to the place JESUS is building to this day. I a glad GOD has us in HIS hands and will never let go.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writers opinion about death?
  • What is your opinion about death and life after death?
  • Will you surrender your life to CHRIST and seek JESUS as your Savior so you can be taken back when HE returns?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment