Monday, November 14, 2022

Alive!

Alive!

1 Thessalonians 3: So, in all our trouble and suffering we have been encouraged about you, friends. It was your faith that encouraged us, because now we really live if you stand firm in your life in union with the Lord. Now we can give thanks to our God for you. We thank him for the joy we have in his presence because of you. 10 Day and night we ask him with all our heart to let us see you personally and supply what is needed in your faith.

 

============

 

Assessing my life, I felt dead. I was in a dead end job, alone and piles of debt. No longer did the parties make me “happy.” “Is this it?” I asked myself, because at the time life really stunk.

 

  • I felt like I was dead.
  • I thought that there should have been more to life than a rotten job and bills.
  • I had run out of options when trying to make myself “happy” during difficult circumstances.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy were encouraged in the middle of their suffering. Timothy had brought back “welcome news” about the faith of the Thessalonians. While Paul was the teacher, he needed to hear some news that other people were standing firm. He says “now we really live.”

 

My Observations

  • Hearing that other people are standing firm in the middle of their trials makes me see that I can stand firm in GOD, just like him or her.
  • After deciding to stand firm for the LORD, I can praise HIM for what HE is doing in other folks lives.
  • GOD wants me to also ask for HIM to supply my needs as well as the needs of others.

 

Feeling empty or dead happens to some of us. I mean, when things are not going as I expect for an extended time, I can run out of gas. BUT GOD wants me to run out of gas. Why? Because HE wants me to rely on HIS power.

 

HE brings me through trials and HE delivers others from theirs. When I see what HE is doing in the lives of others, I get encouraged to stand firm and patiently wait on the LORD. I am grateful, HE is working everything out in HIS way and time.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writers were encouraged?
  • Have you ever felt that life was not going as well as you expected?
  • Will you be encouraged by what GOD is doing in other people’s lives and know HE has a wonderful plan for you as well?
  • Will yu stand firm for JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment