Tuesday, November 8, 2022

No Turning Back

 

No Turning Back

1 Thessalonians 3: Finally, we could not bear it any longer. So we decided to stay on alone in Athens while we sent Timothy, our brother who works with us for God in preaching the Good News about Christ. We sent him to strengthen you and help your faith, so that none of you should turn back because of these persecutions. You yourselves know that such persecutions are part of God's will for us. 

 

============

 

Walking into the sports arena felt wonderful! All the trophies glistened. I thought to myself, I am going to get one of those!” During the orientation the coach explained that anyone could walk onto the team. Morning run would begin at 5 AM, breakfast was with the team, so was study and practice was after study, then bed. I immediately turned around and walked away!

 

  • I did not want to go through all of that.
  • I wanted things to be a little easier.
  • I desired the prize, but not the work.

 

Timothy was sent to the people of Thessalonica to strengthen them. They had gone through persecution and some people felt like turning back from following JESUS. Life must have been hard as they contemplated leaving GOD and doing what everyone else is doing. Timothy was sent to help them in their faith.

 

My Observations

  • Life can get difficult so GOD gave me a COMFORTER.
  • Persecutions can be plentiful, BUT GOD helps me go through the persecution.
  • Difficulties can be massive, so I need a place where I can put my hope, namely JESUS.

 

Sometimes the trial seems bigger than the solutions I can dream up. I mean, it seems like “I” have to come up with the solution because GOD won’t get me out of the trial. This is a lie. GOD has the trial mixed in with HIS plan for my life.

 

When I go through trials, I gain a ministry that is unique to me. I can now reach others that are going through similar trials. GOD does not want me to suffer, but knows I will. HE is there to strengthen me and sends others to me to help me not turn back. I am glad GOD has many people to surround me in trials.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writers could not bear it any longer?
  • What persecutions have you gone through because of your beliefs in the LORD?
  • Will you hang in there and not turn back even when it gets hard so GOD can show HIS power over your situation HIS way and in HIS time?

No comments:

Post a Comment