Wednesday, November 16, 2022

More Than Just Living

More Than Just Living

1 Thessalonians 4:1 Finally, our friends, you learned from us how you should live in order to please God. This is, of course, the way you have been living. And now we beg and urge you in the name of the Lord Jesus to do even more.

 

============

 

After a hard week’s work, I sat down to get some rest. Suddenly the weekend was over and I had to get up and work hard again. I was doing what was expected of me, but felt there had to be more than “this” to life.

 

  • I was simply making a living.
  • I was not causing anyone any harm or trying to do wrong.
  • I went to church, work and tended to my family, but felt something missing.

 

Paul Silas and Timothy modeled behaviors that were pleasing to GOD. Believers in JESUS saw their dedication and did the same. Their lives were focused on CHRIST. Then the writers gave a strange challenge to “do even more.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to model a life that is pleasing to HIM.
  • Making disciples to follow JESUS should be my goal.
  • Having others do more than I ever could Is GOD’s goal for me.

 

Leaders who want other people to act like him or her is not the best thing. I mean, leaders make mistakes and could cause others to do the same. Pointing our lives to JESUS is the goal. I may meet someone who just became aware of their belief in JESUS and may have some ideas on how to live. But this advice should be short lived.

 

GOD has gifted others to surpass any advice I could give. Who knows the great and wonderful things GOD has in store for you. I am glad HE wants me to have abundant life. I am also grateful you can do even more.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think the writers were doing to live a life pleasing to GOD?
  • Have you gotten stuck in the rut of just living?
  • Will you step out on faith and allow the HOLY SPIRIT to guide you to “do even more” than just living by seeking HIS Kingdom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment