Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Contented Faith

Contented Faith

Hebrews 13:Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never leave you; I will never abandon you.” Let us be bold, then, and say,

 

“The Lord is my helper,
    I will not be afraid.
What can anyone do to me?”

 

============

 

After assessing my “needs” I got frustrated and nervous. My car was approaching 300,000 miles and I still had bills. A position at work came with a car. I fixated my thinking on this position as my way out. I did not get the position at first so I complained to GOD.

 

  • I looked at “everything” as being a mess.
  • I was exhausted trying to keep up with expenses.
  • I was not content with where I was with anything.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gives some extremely sound advice. He probably saw how society focused on the latest thing, causing people to have an insatiable desire for more and more. Discontent over food, living arrangements, clothes and amounts of money needed to be addressed. He said “be satisfied.”

 

My Observations:

  • Discontentment makes me deaf to GOD, but when I am content, HE speaks softly to me.
  • Thanklessness makes me look at my stuff as old, worn out and embarrassing, but when I am thankful, GOD provides what I need at the right time.
  • Unhappiness makes me see GOD as the problem, but when I seek joy over happiness, I see problems differently and know I need GOD to fight my battles with the enemy.

 

Satisfaction can be a fleeting thing. I mean, the world presents satisfaction as receiving pleasure over seeking GOD’s kingdom. Each moment needs to be compared to someone else’s life with visual proof that life is great, when it isn’t. GOD has a remedy for this quandary.

 

Contentment, thankfulness and joy opens my eyes to a special part of GOD that is beyond salvation. Yes, JESUS died for my sins and I am eternally saved, but what about this life? GOD knows there will be trouble and wants me to use contentment, thankfulness and joy as weapons against the enemy’s attempt to rob my great relationship with GOD. I am satisfied with where, what and who I am in GOD.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention abandonment when it comes to money?
  • Have you ever thought GOD was not with you because of your lack of funds or things or people were not acting like you wanted them to?
  • Will you use contentment, thankfulness and joy as weapons against the enemy’s attack on you so you can be satisfied wherever GOD sends you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment