Thursday, September 28, 2023

Facing Trials

Facing Trials

James 1: My friends, consider yourselves fortunate when all kinds of trials come your way, for you know that when your faith succeeds in facing such trials, the result is the ability to endure. 

 

============

 

Trying to explain what I was going through seemed impossible. Everyone was smiling and I was feeling terrible. Lots of problems were coming my way which included people being sick, debt collection and broken relationships.

 

  • I did not want the phone to ring.
  • I did not want to hear another problem mentioned.
  • I did not want another trial.

 

James gives a strange statement to those who are scared and probably in hiding. Many people had been scattered because of their belief in JESUS. Persecution was their new normal and they needed some words to help them get over the shock.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD knows I will face trials and wants me to gain endurance.
  • GOD is right there with me when I am going through a trial.
  • GOD grows me in the times of trouble.

 

It is not the trials that we face it is the response to the trial that is important. I mean, I can fall apart and tell people how terrible the trial is, or I can tell people I am in a trial and ask GOD for endurance. GOD does not want me to be a superhero, nor does HE want me to fold up and wither in a corner. HE wants me to admit, something is not right and rely on HIM to fix the problem.

 

GOD gives me strength when I have none. HE empathizes with the pain I feel and deeply cares when I am concerned. HE gives me endurance to withstand trials because HE assures me HE is right there going through the trial with me. I am glad HE will never leave me.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer consider trials as being fortunate?
  • What trial can you think of that you came through and was stronger for it?
  • Knowing GOD is right there with you, how does this change your view of the current trial?
  • Will you look at the endurance you are gaining from GOD versus focusing in on the trial today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, we see trials as something to get out of. Please help this reader gain the right endurance to grow his or her faith. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment