Monday, September 11, 2023

People Reminder

 

People Reminder

Hebrews 13: Keep on loving one another as Christians. Remember to welcome strangers in your homes. There were some who did that and welcomed angels without knowing it. Remember those who are in prison, as though you were in prison with them. Remember those who are suffering, as though you were suffering as they are.

 

============

 

“Remember where you came from” was a suggestion given to me from a person who left his neighborhood in pursuit of “success.” I was trying to escape the neighborhood I grew up in, never to look back. But after a number of years, I looked at my old neighborhood with a different view.

 

  • I cared only about myself when I left.
  • I could not wait to leave and not help anyone else.
  • I could not understand why it was important to help those who never once thought about me or helped me.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, gives some great advice. He mentions how to treat people. He may have given this advice to help people remember those who are in need.

 

My Observations:

  • It is easy for me to forget that I was placed here for other people.
  • It is easy for me to forget that other people have needs beyond mine.
  • It is easy for me to forget that perhaps GOD may want me to serve others, even when it is inconvenient.

 

Helping people is sometimes hard. I mean, people need help when I need help. They may even need the same resources I need and desire. GOD loves when I remember to serve people and HE provides something extra when I am willing to serve strangers. HE may test my resolve of helping others by sending an angel I am not aware of.

 

This selfless act may translate to the angel reporting back to GOD what has been done. Not that GOD does not know anyway. Each selfless act turns into a reward in heaven that cannot be stolen and will never tarnish. I am glad HE gives me people to remember.

 

Challenge

  • Do you hear empathy from the writer?
  • Do you like being remembered or recognized by people?
  • Will you remember to serve strangers, shut in, prisoners and people who are suffering today?

No comments:

Post a Comment