Thursday, September 21, 2023

Every Good Thing You Need

Every Good Thing You Need

Hebrews 13: 20-21 God has raised from death our Lord Jesus, who is the Great Shepherd of the sheep as the result of his blood, by which the eternal covenant is sealed. May the God of peace provide you with every good thing you need in order to do his will, and may he, through Jesus Christ, do in us what pleases him. And to Christ be the glory forever and ever! Amen.

 

============

 

After joining the organization, to my amazement they asked me “What do you need?” I gave them my list and they provided it for me. They knew I was going to do some work for them and they were willing to provide whatever I needed to do their work.

 

  • I was willing to do the work they needed.
  • I had some needs and they were willing to meet those needs as long as it would benefit them.
  • I used the things given to me to do what they wanted me to do.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, explains the need GOD has. JESUS, the “Great Shepherd” was raised from the dead. GOD wants all living human beings to become sheep, or followers of JESUS. He then says a prayer that GOD gives “every good thing” to do HIS will.

 

My Observations:

  • I have to be willing to do GOD’s will in order for HIM to provide for me.
  • GOD provides me with what I need to do HIS will.
  • GOD wants to make me successful by giving me purpose in JESUS.

 

Realizing that I am made for GOD is challenging. I mean, HE created me with free will to choose HIS way or my way. Many times I see HIS way as a barrier to “my” pleasure. Or I try to manipulate HIM into getting “my” way. GOD is gracious enough to understand.

 

HE gently guides me back to understanding HIS precious need, namely telling everyone HE sends me or send me to, that HIS SON is my Savior. This simple message is so dear and important, that HE is willing to give me whatever I need to do HIS will. I thank GOD for HIS provisions.

 

Challenge

  • What “Good Things” is the writer talking about?
  • Have you ever wanted to retire from serving GOD and just live a life of leisure?
  • Will you give your life to GOD so HE can show you how to balance serving and enjoy life along the way so you will continue without burning out?
  • Will you trust GOD for HIS provision today?

No comments:

Post a Comment