Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Headed to Something New

Headed to Something New

James 1:1  From James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ:

Greetings to all God's people scattered over the whole world.

 

============

 

Being “let go” did not feel good at all. No matter how it was phrased, I could not wrap my mind around “Why did this happen to me?” “The position was eliminated” were the only words of comfort.

 

  • I felt lost and directionless.
  • I was not prepared to be out in the world.
  • I did not know GOD had something much better in store for me.

 

James, human brother of JESUS, writes a letter to “GOD’s people scattered over the world.” The scattering did not come easy. In fact, because of belief in JESUS, many people were persecuted. They had to leave their homes, ill prepared, not knowing the future.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD scatters HIS people for HIS purpose.
  • Change is usually difficult for me, BUT GOD has a reason for it.
  • Humans may not provide the right words to comfort me, BUT THE COMFORTER makes it clear that being scattered is not a bad thing.

 

Sometimes it feels like GOD is just not there. I mean, why in the world would HE push me out into the world with no plan? HE replies, “This is MY plan.” When I see HIS plan unfolding, I usually don’t like it. BUT GOD is doing something amazing that I don’t know.

 

GOD addresses my deepest fears by putting me in situations I need.  Ugh! Another problem? Yes. HE keeps allowing me to be scattered so I can be sent somewhere that I would not have otherwise gone. HE then tells me to stand firm for HIM in other places. I am glad GOD has a great and wonderful plan for me that includes “this” situation.

 

Challenge

  • How does the writer write a letter to people scattered all over the world?
  • Why do you think James refers to himself as a servant of his brother JESUS?
  • Have you ever been in a difficult situation and wondered where is GOD?
  • Will you look at your current situation as an area that GOD is trying to address so you can look forward to HIS plan for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment