Monday, September 18, 2023

Offerings and Sacrifices

 

Offerings and Sacrifices

Hebrews 13: 10 The priests who serve in the Jewish place of worship have no right to eat any of the sacrifice on our altar. 11 The Jewish high priest brings the blood of the animals into the Most Holy Place to offer it as a sacrifice for sins; but the bodies of the animals are burned outside the camp. 12 For this reason Jesus also died outside the city, in order to purify the people from sin with his own blood. 13 Let us, then, go to him outside the camp and share his shame. 14 For there is no permanent city for us here on earth; we are looking for the city which is to come. 15 Let us, then, always offer praise to God as our sacrifice through Jesus, which is the offering presented by lips that confess him as Lord. 16 Do not forget to do good and to help one another, because these are the sacrifices that please God.

 

============

 

“Can’t you get someone else to do it?” was my reply to the request. “No, we need your skills” was the reply to my pushback. I thought of ways to get out of doing the work being thrust upon me. “Perhaps we can outsource this” was my solution. “We need you” was the reply.

 

  • I wanted someone else to do what I was supposed to do.
  • I felt overloaded and wanted someone else to join in.
  • I came up with a solution to pay someone to do what I was supposed to do.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, went into detail about offerings and sacrifices. He mentioned the reason for these was to atone for Jewish people. BUT JESUS, who died outside the city, offered HIS blood as a sacrifice for all.

 

My Observations:

  • I can try to pay someone else to tell people about CHRIST, BUT GOD wants me to do it.
  • I can try to outsource a singing group to praise GOD for me, BUT GOD wants my praise.
  • I can try to give to a group who will serve others for me, BUT GOD wants me to serve.

 

Giving is good, BUT GOD wants more from me than cash. I mean, HE wants me to use my gifts and talents to tell people about JESUS and HE loves when I praise HIM daily! HE wants a direct and active relationship with me that helps me serve those who are hard to serve.

 

HE gives me strength to keep going when I feel like giving up. HE provides for those I cannot provide for. HE opens doors wide, just like HE opens eyes from being blind. I am glad GOD wants my offering of praise and my sacrifice of helping others.

 

Challenge

  • What suggestions does the writer give that “pleases GOD?”
  • Have you ever thought it was someone else’s responsibility to serve or tell people about CHRIST?
  • Will you stop trying to outsource what GOD wants you to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment