Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Do The Right Thing

Do The Right Thing

Hebrews 13: 18 Keep on praying for us. We are sure we have a clear conscience, because we want to do the right thing at all times. 19 And I beg you even more earnestly to pray that God will send me back to you soon.

 

============

 

Having said the lie, now I had to live with it. Whenever I saw the person, my conscience felt guilty. “Oh great! Now I’ve lied and I have guilt?” How can this be fixed? A thought popped in my head. “Lie again to fix the last lie.”

 

  • I was headed down the wrong path.
  • I was trying to fix my lies with more lies.
  • I was starting to get good at lying versus simply having a clear conscience.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, asked for prayer because he knew they could be tempted to do the wrong thing which would lead to a guilty conscience. He must have been going through something difficult because he asked for prayer twice.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD gives me rest when I have a clear conscience.
  • GOD lets me sleep when I do not lie to HIM or myself.
  • GOD provides peace when I desire to do the right thing.

 

Doing what is right can sometimes be hard. I mean, when I get insecure about what I did or am about to do, I may not want to experience any consequences, so I lie or stretch the truth. The problem with that approach, is I still face consequences and lost sleep in the process.

 

Peace and rest are elusive when I do not do the right thing. I’d rather follow GOD and enjoy peace than to live with hidden secrets and mounting sins. I gladly do the right thing for GOD and could use your prayers to keep going, HIS way.

 

Challenge

  • What is “the right thing” the writer speaks about?
  • Have you ever done the wrong thing and tried to cover it up?
  • Have you gotten so good at covering things up that you now believe in your own lie?
  • Will you get some relief from your guilty conscience and confess to GOD that you do not know how to go forward, so HE can step in and guide you to HIS path today?

No comments:

Post a Comment