Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Not Shaken

 

Not Shaken

Hebrews 12: 25 Be careful, then, and do not refuse to hear him who speaks. Those who refused to hear the one who gave the divine message on earth did not escape. How much less shall we escape, then, if we turn away from the one who speaks from heaven! 26 His voice shook the earth at that time, but now he has promised, “I will once more shake not only the earth but heaven as well.” 27 The words “once more” plainly show that the created things will be shaken and removed, so that the things that cannot be shaken will remain.

 

============

 

Over the course of years, I had amassed a a great selection of music. I had “taped” music from the “radio” and other places. It brought me joy to play my music loudly driving down the street. One day I walked out and noticed my window was broken out. All my tapes were stolen!

 

  • I felt shaken.
  • I felt a tremendous loss because each song was calculated in a specific order.
  • I felt my car had lost its value because of a broken window.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, warns people to listen to promises of GOD. He compares the message from heaven as being greater than the message of humans. One promise mentioned is that GOD will shake all of creation and human made things will be removed.

 

My Observations:

  • I may lose my stuff, BUT GOD promises to always be with me.
  • I may have stuff broken into BUT GOD has a place where no thief can reside.
  • I may wear out my clothes own things that rust and live in a place that contracts mold, BUT GOD’s love will always remain in my heart.

 

GOD cannot be stolen. I mean, some people have tried to make GOD in his or her image to get people to bow down to them so they can get more stuff. GOD sees this and tears down every kingdom that is not HIS. HE then fortifies HIS kingdom to protect it from anything that can harm it.

 

His primary message is to love HIS SON JESUS with all our hearts and minds. HE then says love one another. This love cannot be stolen or shaken when tough times arise. I am grateful GOD holds onto me even when I feel like letting go.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer talking about when mentioning “things that cannot be shaken?”
  • Have you ever experienced a loss of something material but you came out of it alive?
  • Will you focus on growing GOD’s kingdom and listen to HIS words of urgency regarding the return of JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment