Tuesday, September 12, 2023

No Halfsies

No Halfsies

Hebrews 13:Marriage is to be honored by all, and husbands and wives must be faithful to each other. God will judge those who are immoral and those who commit adultery.

 

============

 

After the convention, we all danced in relief. I remained sober, unlike my counterparts. A drunken stranger approached me on the dancefloor provocatively. The thought crossed my mind to reciprocate. A coworker called me over to the side and suggested we leave the party.

 

  • I was tempted.
  • I was glad I had someone there to keep me from doing what I was thinking.
  • I did not think “people” would know, but GOD would.

 

Paul, the assumed writer, spoke about marriage from GOD’s perspective. He emphasized morality and commitment regarding marriage. He gave a stern warning that while other people may not know, GOD will know.

 

My Observations:

  • There is something special to GOD regarding purity and commitment.
  • GOD wants me to consider the consequences of my actions.
  • It is not up to me to judge people, rather GOD will judge.

 

“All have sinned and fall short of the glory of GOD” is a state in which all humans suffer. I mean, I am born into sin and deserve eternal separation from GOD. JESUS died to same me from eternal separation. Now that I believe, I am eternally saved. But what about the sins I commit?

 

GOD will not remember my sins, but HE did not say my current sins will not have consequences. GOD corrects those who are HIS. HE does not spare the rod on any of HIS children. HIS expectation is that I live my life as best I can, knowing sometimes I may make mistakes. I am glad GOD gives me boundaries.

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer mention “immorality” and “adultery” as two separate but similar items?
  • Have you ever been tempted to do something you know was wrong?
  • Will you consider placing your actions under GOD’s authority today?

No comments:

Post a Comment