Friday, September 29, 2023

Lacking Nothing

Lacking Nothing

James 1: Make sure that your endurance carries you all the way without failing, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. But if any of you lack wisdom, you should pray to God, who will give it to you; because God gives generously and graciously to all. 

 

============

 

After the conference this past weekend, someone from another country asked for help. I knew my meager funds would never be enough so I started thinking of solutions. His current solution to local hunger is to teach farming. I sent videos on hydroponic farming. His response was , “that’s for the middle class.” I found videos on farming using discarded plastic bottles. His response “That’s for the middle class.”

 

  • I lack wisdom.
  • I do not know how to address this.
  • The problem is far greater than any of my current solutions.

 

James addressed a scared scattered group of people who believed in JESUS and were persecuted for it. The first solution was to run and hide from those who oppressed people with religious persecution. He knew GOD was the only solution.

 

My Observations:

  • Extreme problems require GOD to intervene.
  • It is amazing that I can ask GOD to address an extreme problem and HE is willing to help.
  • GOD will provide the wisdom it will take to address the need.

 

Feeling helpless is not an option for many people. I mean, those who are facing major issues that they think need a financial solution cannot afford to fall into despair. A solution is needed. But what?

 

GOD says “I AM the solution.” I believe that James said “endure” , not for the poor to just remain poor, but for those sent to help to “endure” until there is a solution. GOD will provide the right people at the right time. HIS love endures forever. I am glad I can ask GOD for wisdom and HE is gracious and generous to provide it!

 

Challenge

  • Why does the writer talk about “falling?”
  • Have you ever tried to do something and it seemed hopeless to the point where you felt like giving up?
  • Will you ask for wisdom to address the overwhelming situation so GOD will get the glory and so eyes and hearts will be open to accept JESUS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment