Monday, October 2, 2023

Being Sure

Being Sure

James 1:  But when you pray, you must believe and not doubt at all. Whoever doubts is like a wave in the sea that is driven and blown about by the wind. 7-8 If you are like that, unable to make up your mind and undecided in all you do, you must not think that you will receive anything from the Lord.

 

============

 

Facing an offer for a new position, I made a decision to go forward. But then the question came up “Are you sure you want to do that?” Those words were now in my mind and I questioned the decision I was about to make. I went back and started asking questions. I almost lost the position I was about to accept.

 

  • I believed what was told to me and I started planning to move forward.
  • I was introduced to doubt and I could not stop doubting.
  • I lost my assurance when I began to doubt.

 

James addressed fear and doubt. He gave some tough words. “When you pray, you must believe and not doubt at all.” He was taking their hysteria of being chased by religious murderers and giving them a pep talk to keep them focused.

 

My Observations:

  • News will say terrible things, BUT GOD is in control of my destiny.
  • People may try to add doubt to my journey, BUT GOD gives me sure footing.
  • Humans may think they have the answer, BUT GOD is the one and only answer I need.

 

Sometimes the future looks bleak especially when looking through human eyes. I mean, when I look through the lenses of hate, greed, envy, lust, or pride, I get on a path that is always filled with worry and self-doubt. BUT GOD has another way.

 

HIS plan, on the surface, looks weak and pitiful. HE wants me to simply show others HIS love, not human defined love, rather HIS love. GOD’s love cannot be tainted by humans. It is the strongest weapon in the arsenal GOD gives me. HE wants me to believe HE and HE alone loved me and has a plan for me. HE does not want me to doubt that plan. I am glad GOD loves me so much that HIS plan for me is one I can be sure of.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer used the words “not doubt AT ALL?”
  • Have you ever questioned GOD’s love for you or HIS plan HE has for you?
  • Will you let go of doubt and believe that GOD’s plan HE told you long ago is still solid ground even though other people may have poisoned your mind with his or her doubt?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment