Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Wisdom Choice

Wisdom Choice

James 3: 13 Are there any of you who are wise and understanding? You are to prove it by your good life, by your good deeds performed with humility and wisdom. 14 But if in your heart you are jealous, bitter, and selfish, don't sin against the truth by boasting of your wisdom. 15 Such wisdom does not come down from heaven; it belongs to the world, it is unspiritual and demonic. 16 Where there is jealousy and selfishness, there is also disorder and every kind of evil. 17 But the wisdom from above is pure first of all; it is also peaceful, gentle, and friendly; it is full of compassion and produces a harvest of good deeds; it is free from prejudice and hypocrisy. 18 And goodness is the harvest that is produced from the seeds the peacemakers plant in peace.

 

============

 

After being on academic probation, I decided to stop partying for a while and study. I got on the dean’s list that semester, so I felt pretty good about “my” achievement. I could not share the achievement with some people because I was still bitter over what happened.

 

  • I made a choice to keep bitterness in my heart.
  • I chose to remain wounded instead of trying to heal.
  • As “smart” as people told me I was, I still did not have life together.

 

James addressed two types of wisdom. One came from the world and the other from above. He describes the wisdom of the world as unspiritual and demonic due to the lack of good deeds and peace.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD’s wisdom produces good deeds through me.
  • GOD’s wisdom enables me to have peace that is beyond understanding.
  • GOD’s wisdom is friendly, gentle and free from prejudice, so HE wants me to choose HIS way.

 

Removing GOD from anything is not wise. I mean, GOD is the creator of everything. HE made the people, places and things we study and hypothesize about. When I come up with a conclusion that GOD does not have anything to do with what I am observing, or I think human wisdom is greater than GOD, I get in deep trouble. GOD has an better path.

 

GOD desires that I choose to be gentle, compassionate and friendly so I can produce good deeds for HIM. The less I give credit to the world, the more GOD shows me HIS infinite wisdom. I am glad GOD produces the harvest, which is full of goodness.

 

Challenge

  • What two types of wisdom does the writer discuss?
  • Have you ever been jealous, bitter or selfish?
  • Will you seek GOD’s wisdom by letting go of yours to obtain HIS today?

No comments:

Post a Comment