Thursday, October 26, 2023

Change

Change

James 4: So then, submit yourselves to God. Resist the Devil, and he will run away from you. Come near to God, and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners! Purify your hearts, you hypocrites! Be sorrowful, cry, and weep; change your laughter into crying, your joy into gloom! 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

 

============

 

Realizing that my life was not in a good place, I decided to try GOD as a last resort. I stopped doing the same things “everyone” was telling me to do for “fun” and focus on doing things differently. But it seemed hard because “everywhere” I turned, there were invitations to do the old stuff.

 

  • I was trying to start living for GOD, but had the same old habits.
  • I was trying to do things that would please GOD, but I had the same old ideas.
  • I was trying to fit in with the world and fit in with GOD and it wasn’t working.

 

James provides the solution to the problem of being double-minded. He points to the path of GOD then says “change.” The things that used to be “fun” may not be as fun after all.

 

My Observations:

  • GOD’s path is not as hard as I think, but it is hard when I am far from it.
  • GOD is willing to come near to me when I take steps towards HIS path.
  • GOD wants me to change my view of “fun” so I can enjoy life but do it HIS way.

 

Pleasure is not the problem, the definition of what pleasure is can be. I mean, GOD defined a framework for me to choose how to live. I can be free to live as I please within HIS framework. But when I choose to go outside of what GOD defined, I get in trouble.

 

GOD knows I have an enemy that will make me challenge HIS very existence. I will then question everything that HE stands for and make up my own labels for HIM or even ignore HIS existence. I will then create my own definition of “fun” that does not include HIM and put myself and others in harm’s way. GOD wants me to “change” for HIS purpose. I am glad HE comes near to me when I come near to HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Why is the writer so passionate about change?
  • Have you ever gotten into a situation where you are resisting GOD so you can have “fun?”
  • Will you assess your life so you can “change” for the good of GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment