Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Battery Powered


Acts 13: 38 “Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 39 Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses. 40 Take care that what the prophets have said does not happen to you:

41 “‘Look, you scoffers,
    wonder and perish,
for I am going to do something in your days
    that you would never believe,
    even if someone told you.

============

At one point, “cleaning the basement” meant shoving everything into a bench that had storage space. One day I decided to look inside and to my surprise, I found a missing toy. I was delighted. I tried to turn it on, only to find corroded batteries prevented my fun. The toy no longer worked because the corrosion messed up the wiring.

  • There were times when I tried to make something work with temporary power.
  • There were times when I used temporary power to make something work for a short period.
  • There were times when I depended on temporary power instead of using permanent power.


Paul explains that JESUS is the One true source of forgiveness. Everyone who believes is set free from “every” sin. He then explains that the law of Moses was not able to bring the justification that JESUS did. The law, while binding, was temporary.

  • JESUS wants me to follow HIS ways.
  • JESUS wants me to know the law but look to HIM for my forgiveness when I break the law.
  • JESUS wants me to be guided by the law but use it with HIS love.


Following GOD with my power causes temporary failure. I mean when things go right I am fully charged, but when things go wrong, I may blame GOD and be tempted not to believe in HIM. GOD’s power is permanent. Belief in JESUS is an everlasting endeavor.

HE is the One who fulfilled the law and all prophecies. My belief in JESUS being GOD, dying for me and being raised from the dead for me, gives me everlasting life. I am able to surrender my power and use GOD’s permanent power.

  • Are you trying to do things under your own power?
  • Do you try to be good and compare yourself to other people?
  • Will you stop looking at everyone else and look to JESUS for your forgiveness?


No comments:

Post a Comment