Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Fed and Watered


Acts 15: 30 So the men were sent off and went down to Antioch, where they gathered the church together and delivered the letter. 31 The people read it and were glad for its encouraging message. 32 Judas and Silas, who themselves were prophets, said much to encourage and strengthen the believers. 33 After spending some time there, they were sent off by the believers with the blessing of peace to return to those who had sent them. [34] But Silas decided to remain there. 35 But Paul and Barnabas remained in Antioch, where they and many others taught and preached the word of the Lord.

============

Tired of being a “weakling”, I tried weightlifting. Struggling to pick up the heavy bar to bench-press, I made it obvious to those around me that I would forever remain the recipient of bully ridicule. A few guys came up to me and said, “Join us.” They showed me proper technique and encouraged me when I lifted the featherweight, compared to their impressive loads. I felt I could get stronger.

  • There were many times when I was down and alone.
  • There were many times when I wanted to get stronger but felt I had no help.
  • There were many times when I tried some things under my own power and did not get very far.


Judas and Silas arrived with a letter to the Gentiles. The people read it and were very encouraged. They were prophets, so they encouraged and strengthened the believers. After some time, they were sent back with a blessing of peace.

  • GOD wants me to thank those who have encouraged me.
  • GOD wants me to thank those who have helped me.
  • GOD wants me to thank HIM, for HE is the one who sent people to help me.


My life is like a vine. I get hungry and thirsty, and sometimes I cannot find water or food. BUT GOD sends someone to feed and water me. This grows my roots in GOD and strengthens the vine so I can reach others. My growth enables me to thank people and GOD because I can bear fruit. I am grateful for those who have encouraged me and for GOD who strengthens me.

  • Do you need encouragement?
  • Does someone you know need encouragement?
  • Will you accept that GOD is extremely pleased with you and has a wonderful plan for you?
  • Will you encourage someone who needs GOD’s strength today?


No comments:

Post a Comment