Thursday, July 30, 2020

Recommendations


Acts 16: Paul came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was Jewish and a believer but whose father was a Greek. The believers at Lystra and Iconium spoke well of him. Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek. As they traveled from town to town, they delivered the decisions reached by the apostles and elders in Jerusalem for the people to obey. So the churches were strengthened in the faith and grew daily in numbers.

============

“Mind if I introduce someone to you?” a person from another department asked. “Please” was my reply, not knowing why I was meeting the person. I had a lot of work to do, and meeting someone was the last thing on my mind that day. “You have been recommended to lead a division” the person said. Wow! I didn’t expect that!

  • I have been blessed to receive recommendations.
  • I have been shocked that someone noticed what I was doing.
  • I have been excited to work with those who believed in the abilities given to me.


Many believers approached Paul, recommending Timothy. After a while, Paul could not resist wanting Timothy to join him on the journey to teach the simplified message of obedience to new believers of JESUS. This recommendation paid off. Paul and Timothy spoke, many believed and the church was getting stronger.

  • GOD wants me to seek HIM.
  • GOD wants me to simply use the gifts HE has given me.
  • GOD wants me to focus on HIM and HE will deliver me to the people HE needs me to speak to.


There are two ways to work. One way is to work to seek recommendations or “thank you” from people. While this brings moderate success, my rewards are only the “thank you.” BUT GOD wants me to seek eternal rewards which are given by HIM. This is not achieved by bragging and self-promoting.

GOD wants to be centerstage. My work for HIM should point to HIM. People may notice or they may not. BUT GOD always sees when I work for HIM with sincerity. I am grateful for HIS eternal rewards.

  • Are you seeking to be known?
  • Do you want to create a huge following for yourself, and not for GOD?
  • Will you point people to GOD and allow HIM to change your approach so you become highly recommended without needing to boast?

No comments:

Post a Comment