Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Fresh


Acts 13: 34 God raised him from the dead so that he will never be subject to decay. As God has said,

“‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings promised to David.’

35 So it is also stated elsewhere:

“‘You will not let your holy one see decay.’

36 “Now when David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his ancestors and his body decayed. 37 But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay.

============

Opening the refrigerator was sometimes an adventure. Once, the stench was so strong, I wanted to move rather than deal with it. I opened the vegetable bin and saw the decaying remains of an unidentifiable substance that was either cheese or a tomato or green beans at one time. Now it had hair and a terrible smell.

  • I have held onto some items too long and they rotted.
  • I have held onto some items too long and they decayed.
  • I have held onto some items too long and they got old, ripped up, dented, broken, or decomposed.


Paul quotes David when speaking about JESUS. He spoke to the people in the synagogue, telling them that JESUS saw no decay. HIS body was raised from the dead and will never see rot or decay or corruption.

  • GOD wants me to believe in the One who was raised.
  • GOD wants me to put my trust in the Being who lives forever.
  • GOD wants me to hold onto the everlasting.


Instead of looking for something fresh and new, JESUS wants me to seek the everlasting. All of my gadgets will be obsolete next week. The food I grow or purchase will rot. The clothes I cherish today will be eaten by moths tomorrow. BUT GOD’s love is everlasting. JESUS is where I put my trust.

  • What are you seeking?
  • Are you constantly looking for something new to make you happy?
  • Will you look to JESUS as your everlasting source of power today?


No comments:

Post a Comment