Friday, July 31, 2020

Closed and Open Gates


Acts 16: Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas. During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” 10 After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.

============

“Keep the gate closed” were the words directed to me. “Yeah” was my response. Our house was not in the middle of the block, but if someone wanted a short cut, this yard was a good choice.

After riding my bike I ran into the house, leaving it on the side of the house. The next morning I wanted to ride. I noticed the bike missing and the gate wide open. I had forgotten to put the bike away and close the gate.

  • There have been times when I left something open and allowed the wrong element to come in.
  • There have been times when I went to a gate and it was closed, so I could not get in.
  • There have been times when I went to another gate and it was opened to me by the owner.


Paul and his companions traveled throughout one region, preaching about JESUS with much success. But when they reached one area, the HOLY SPIRIT prevented them from entering. JESUS did not want them to enter a specific area. They passed by the area. Paul then received a vision to help a specific city. He went, ready to preach the gospel.

  • GOD wants me to listen to the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • GOD wants me to be ready to stay where HE sent me or to leave when HE tells me to.
  • GOD wants me to be ready with the gospel of JESUS.


Being led by the HOLY SPIRIT is a wonderful opportunity. Getting direction from GOD to tell people about HIS SON is an amazing thing to be part of. JESUS gives me this opportunity time and time again.

HE sends me to people and wants me ready to speak about HIM. Unfortunately, there will be places GOD has closed off to hearing about HIM. HE sends me to hearts that can hear. I am grateful GOD has included me in HIS purpose.

  • Are you being sent but are facing opposition?
  • Are you ready and prepared to speak about JESUS at a moment’s notice?
  • Will you listen to the HOLY SPIRIT and go where HE leads you and stay away from the places HE does not want you?


No comments:

Post a Comment