Friday, July 24, 2020

Make it Easy


Acts 15: 19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

============

When I was told the position was eliminated, I was shocked then furious. I mean, I had done all this hard work for years. I was told to “transition” everything to my successor. My first thought was “Do it yourself since you don’t need me!”

  • There were times when I did not want to make things easy.
  • There were times when I felt justified in making things complicated.
  • There were times when I wanted to make things difficult on purpose.


James continued speaking about what Barnabas, Paul and Peter had done. They were speaking to other races about the faith. Though common practice was to teach the many laws of Moses, James suggested they make it easy and teach only a couple of rules. The new followers of GOD would be able to find the law in any city.

  • GOD wants me to make it easy for people to follow HIM.
  • GOD wants me to remove barriers to following HIM.
  • GOD wants me to get rid of any false expectations of others when it comes to “them” having a relationship with HIM.


Removing barriers to GOD is not as easy as it seems. I mean, when I say “All you need to do is believe in JESUS as you Savior”, I sometimes make the mistake of giving a bunch of rules to follow. While the rules are good, they become a barrier to the person discovering their own relationship with JESUS.

GOD wants me to make it easy. Here is the rule HE wants me to give everyone. “Love one another.” That is it. There are no other rules to give after believing in JESUS. HE provides that person with the HOLY SPIRIT who guides with the truth. I am glad JESUS took the responsibility for guiding me.

  • Are you making it hard for someone to follow GOD?
  • Do you have a lot of rules for others when it comes to following GOD?
  • Will you stop adding barriers to JESUS and present “belief in HIM” and “love for one another” as the only “to do” today?


No comments:

Post a Comment