Thursday, July 2, 2020

Foretold


Acts 13: 20 “After that He gave them judges for about four hundred and fifty years, until Samuel the prophet. 21 And afterward they asked for a king; so God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years. 22 And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’ 23 From this man’s seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior—Jesus— 24 after John had first preached, before His coming, the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. 25 And as John was finishing his course, he said, ‘Who do you think I am? I am not He. But behold, there comes One after me, the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to loose.’

============

Arriving early, I saw a man sitting in the conference room. He was polite with his greeting to me. Later someone asked me how I did that. “Did what?” I asked. “How did you just walk up to the new CEO and talk to him?” The succession plan had been announced all over the news but I did not recognize him.

  • I have met many celebrities.
  • I have met many people who took over the lead from their successors.
  • I have met many leaders who were next in line to take over.


Paul continues with expressing history, but had a special destination. He told everyone that JESUS’ arrival was foretold by judges and prophets. He then explain that JESUS is the Savior that John spoke of. He referenced John’s humility in even speaking about JESUS saying there is One who comes after him whose sandals he is not worthy to loose.

  • GOD wants me to tell people about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to understand the prophecies about JESUS and know all of them have been fulfilled.
  • GOD wants me to reverence JESUS as the Savior from the seed of David.


For centuries, JESUS was talked about. When HE arrived, not many understood HIM because they expected someone to be a political leader. JESUS was the leader, but not the way humans expected. HE was and is GOD. HE fulfilled HIS promise to wipe away all my sins. I am excited to tell people HE did this, just for me.

  • Are you focused on predicting leaders?
  • Do you try to predict leaders based on the past?
  • Will you take a moment to pay attention to JESUS, who has been there for you always?



No comments:

Post a Comment