Friday, July 10, 2020

Rejection Direction


Acts 13: 44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us:

“‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
    that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

============

Feeling down about not getting the position, I sat brooding at the latest rejection. “I really wanted that last one”, I thought to myself. I mean it had everything I wanted, or so I thought. After a couple of weeks, the sting of the rejection was no longer there. About three months later, another company called and mad an offer.

  • There have been many times I have been rejected.
  • There have been many times I questioned the direction of the rejection.
  • There have been many times I kept revisiting what it would be like if I had gotten the thing I had been rejected from.


Paul and Barnabas were rejected by the Jews, who contradicted them at every turn. This probably caused confusion and their leadership would no longer be effective. Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly saying they would preach salvation to people who would not reject them, namely the Gentiles. Cheers came from the Gentiles, who were probably made to feel like an outcast.

  • GOD made me a light for people HE sends me to.
  • GOD made me a light to bring salvation to the ends of the earth.
  • GOD made me a light for those who can hear HIS message of love.


Rejection doesn’t feel good, but it definitely changes direction. No longer is that person, place or thing available. GOD does this to provide new opportunities that I would not have thought of. The HOLY SPIRIT patches the wounds of the rejection and guides me to where I was supposed to be in the first place. I am grateful GOD cares for me to guide me to a better place.

  • Have you been rejected?
  • Is your message still valid but people refused to hear it?
  • Will you stop looking back and see the new direction GOD wants you to go on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment