Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Hope Face


Acts 14: In Lystra there sat a man who was lame. He had been that way from birth and had never walked. He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed 10 and called out, “Stand up on your feet!” At that, the man jumped up and began to walk.

============

When the teacher wrote the problem on the board, I felt excited. For once, I knew the answer. I smiled. The teacher looked at my face and said, would you like to answer the problem. I jumped out of my seat and solved the problem. In another class, I forgot to do my homework. When the same scenario happened, I looked away in shame, hoping I wouldn’t be called on.

  • When I am upset, it shows on my face.
  • When I am excited, it shows on my face.
  • When I am scared, happy, angry, inquisitive or calm, it shows on my face.


A lame man, who had never walked, heard Paul speak. How he got to where Paul was is not written, but somehow he was there. Paul saw the man’s face and determined he had faith to be healed. Paul commanded him to stand. The man was healed.

  • GOD wants me to have faith that shows up on my face.
  • GOD wants me to have peace that shows up on my face.
  • GOD wants me to have hope that shows up on my face.


In spite of what is going on, GOD wants what is in my heart to show up on my face. Yes, I may be scared for a moment, BUT GOD fills my heart with peace which in turn, shows up on my face.

HE then helps me remember the many times HE has brought me through circumstances, filling me with hope. I am grateful GOD looks at what HE has already done for me so I can show hope on my face.

  • Are you disillusioned?
  • Do you think GOD has forgotten you?
  • Will you remember the many times HE has brought you out of circumstances so that you can continue to share your hope with many?

No comments:

Post a Comment