Monday, July 13, 2020

Higher Up


Acts 13: 49 The word of the Lord spread through the whole region. 50 But the Jewish leaders incited the God-fearing women of high standing and the leading men of the city. They stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. 51 So they shook the dust off their feet as a warning to them and went to Iconium. 52 And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.

============

Desiring to be the top at the company came natural to me after a while. The higher I climbed, the more political the decisions became. I reached a level where the politics became overwhelming. The position I had was eliminated and I found myself outside instead of on top.

  • There was a time when I wanted to have a title.
  • There was a time when I desired to be “the most high” in my industry.
  • There was a time when I craved to be on top of the group.


People started believing in the true word of the LORD as taught by Paul and Barnabas. The jealous church leaders, who saw their popularity disappearing again, had to do something. They sought prominent women and men to politically have Paul and Barnabas and other disciples, ousted. The cast out group had a different reaction.

  • GOD wants me to hold onto HIM in good times and difficult times.
  • GOD wants me to work with a clear conscious.
  • GOD wants me to be excited about HIM moving me from places I would normally hold onto.


Being fired, laid off, losing a contract or down-sized does not feel good. BUT GOD has a plan for this. When HE sees HIS purpose cannot be met at a location, HE moves me. HE wants me to take my prayer, servanthood, compassion and love elsewhere.

Instead of being hurt that I did not reach a certain level or status, GOD wants me to be excited that I can show HIS love to the next group of people. Each place I go, GOD gives me the chance to demonstrate HIS power. If it is not accepted, HE wants me to shake the dust off my feet, or forget about that place. I am grateful GOD is the Most High, whom I point my life to.

  • Are you trying to be “the most high” in your industry?
  • While you are climbing to be on top, are you speaking about GOD or yourself?
  • Will you seek GOD’s kingdom, speaking about JESUS and not worrying about your status?

No comments:

Post a Comment