Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Use Good Examples


Acts 13: 16 Then Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen: 17 The God of this people Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an uplifted arm He brought them out of it. 18 Now for a time of about forty years He put up with their ways in the wilderness. 19 And when He had destroyed seven nations in the land of Canaan, He distributed their land to them by allotment.

============

After studying the material over and over, I felt prepared. I was ready for any question they could ask about the material. Since this was the first class I had ever taught of this nature, I was paired up with a seasoned instructor.

About an hour into the lesson, of the five day course, someone said “Can you give us examples?” I could not because I had not experienced what I was teaching. It was a long week.

  • When I go through problems I usually want them to be done.
  • When I go through problems I pray extra hard, hoping the problem will end soon.
  • When I go through problems I cannot see the lesson I am learning because the solution has not arrived yet.


Paul used his hands to demonstrate how GOD worked through Moses to bring hurt people out from under those who had enslaved them. He then summarized a large portion of history to set up the example that was created specifically for a group who could understand it.

  • GOD wants me to use the problems He delivered me from as examples of HIS power.
  • GOD wants me to speak about what HE has done in my life so others can believe.
  • GOD wants me to see problems as opportunities to be used by GOD in a greater way than I had ever thought.


When I hear the words “In all your ways acknowledge HIM” I hear that it doesn’t always mean the good stuff. I have to acknowledge, problems do happen and while I don’t like them, they are necessary. When GOD delivers me, I can use the problem to encourage someone.

But what about problems that do not seem to go away or keep popping up? GOD helps me with those too. HE uses my praise when I am hurting to bless others around me. I may not be lifted up during a problem, but I can have peace knowing others will. I am glad GOD has given me examples to give to others.

  • Are you going through something?
  • Do you feel like the problem is lasting forever?
  • Will you tell the person who is depending on you that “GOD is great and HE loves you” in spite of what is going on?


No comments:

Post a Comment