Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Something to Say


Acts 13: 13 Now when Paul and his party set sail from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia; and John, departing from them, returned to Jerusalem. 14 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day and sat down. 15 And after the reading of the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent to them, saying, “Men and brethren, if you have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.”

============

“Stop right there” a leader said to me in the middle of my long list of complaints. “If you have a complaint, you must also have three solutions.” All of a sudden, I had nothing to say.

  • Sometimes I want to complain.
  • Sometimes I want to spout out negative words.
  • Sometimes I want to say what’s on my mind and that thing may be bad for others.


Paul has now emerged as the leader of the group. When they arrived in the synagogue on the Sabbath day, the normal order of church service went on. A request came up. “Does anyone have any words of exhortation for the people?” Fortunately, Paul was available.

  • GOD wants me to be ready to say something about HIS love.
  • GOD wants me to be ready to speak about JESUS at any time.
  • GOD wants me to be available to say a word of encouragement to people who need it.


Having something to say is one thing, but being available to say it is another. My heart will speak what is in it. I had to do an experiment. I paid attention to how many negative discussions I started or was part of and then I counted the number of positive conversations I had and the times I mentioned GOD. I found out I spoke negatively most of the time.

GOD wants me to have something to say. I am grateful for HIS love, grace and mercy. HE include me in HIS plans.

  • What are you saying?
  • Are your words mostly negative or do you have anything positive to say?
  • Will you start practicing speaking about JESUS, not just saying ”GOD” to people?


No comments:

Post a Comment