Friday, June 12, 2020

After the Violence

Acts 11: 19 Now those who were scattered after the persecution that arose over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to no one but the Jews only. 20 But some of them were men from Cyprus and Cyrene, who, when they had come to Antioch, spoke to the Hellenists, preaching the Lord Jesus. 21 And the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number believed and turned to the Lord.

============

When a fight broke out after the game, it seemed like mild chaos enflamed. We looked around for busses that had people who wore our school colors. We ran towards those busses, feeling safe when they left the stadium. We could continue our victory chants as the bus pulled away.

  • There were times when I felt safer around my own.
  • There were times when I got scared and looked for my kind of people in order to be safe.
  • There were times when I simply wanted to enjoy life but something happened to spoil the fun.

Stephen spoke about the love of JESUS directly to HIS murderers. They murdered him too, causing people to spread everywhere. Some were so scared, they only preached the love of CHRIST to each other. But there were a few who spoke to a group of people who were different than them. A great number believed and turned to the LORD.

  • GOD wants me to share HIS SON to everyone HE sends me to.
  • GOD wants me to give HIS love to everyone who will listen.
  • GOD wants me to teach about the love of JESUS to any human who seeks HIM.

GOD’s rewards are given to those who preach about HIS SON. But that is not enough for HIM. HE wants the easy conversations to happen and the hard. HE sends me to my household, my neighbors, my town, city, state, country and other countries to spread the great news of JESUS.

This is not easy, especially in a world of hatred. GOD still wants HIS SON spoken about to everyone who will listen. HE puts people in front of me who do not look or act like me and wants me to pray for them and tell them about JESUS. I am grateful GOD sends me.

  • Are you fatigued after the violence?
  • Do you think more rage is the answer?
  • Will you listen to GOD and speak to anyone HE sends you to so they will believe in JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment