Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Truth is, no partiality


Acts 10 34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all— 37 that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 

============

Getting to the cafeteria when it opened was important this day. The tradition was to save a seat right at the front door for all who looked and acted like me. Though I was a freshman, I vowed to myself to keep this tradition going. Instead of waiting, I decided to get some food. When I returned to the table, someone who did not look like me sat there. I got ready for the fight.

  • Many times I have acted “partial” to specific people.
  • Many times I have given people I was “partial” to, a pass on their behavior.
  • Many times I have been willing to start fights over people I was “partial” to.


Peter explains to Cornelius, a person of another race, that GOD is not partial to any nation. GOD will accept anyone who fears HIM and works righteousness. Peter then explains why.

  • JESUS preached peace to me.
  • JESUS was sent to me to save me.
  • JESUS who is LORD of all, has received the HOLY SPIRIT, power and compassion to heal me and do good to me.


Part of the people is not enough for GOD. HE wants all of the people. One day, every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that JESUS is LORD. Unfortunately, some who will confess this truth will realize the eternal mistake they made by not believing this when they were alive.

JESUS has allowed me into HIS family. HE appreciates when I see the variety of people HE gets excited over. HE made each person unique and says “All of heaven rejoices over one person who accepts ME as their Savior.” I am learning to appreciate the uniqueness of others.

  • Are you showing partiality to certain people and trying to say you are telling the truth?
  • Do you give, those you are partial to, the best and leave the leftovers, if any, to everyone else?
  • Will you stop your “small” view and look at GOD’s “large” picture by seeking HIS “full” kingdom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment