Friday, June 26, 2020

Called to Action


Acts 13: So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus. And when they arrived in Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews. They also had John as their assistant.

============

“Unload the truck” was the statement from our supervisor. It was a hot summer day on the temporary job. “You want to play a game to pass the time?” a coworker asked me. “Sure” I replied. We goofed off for a long while.

The supervisor came back and saw practically nothing was done. “Get this done!” he exclaimed. Looking back, I did not know the company was being charged fees for taking too long to unload.

  • There was a time when I did not take my calling seriously.
  • There was a time when I looked at my calling as a distraction.
  • There was a time when I went in other directions from my calling.


Barnabas and Saul were sent by the HOLY SPIRIT to do a great work for HIM. They sailed to the place they were sent. The moment they arrived, they preached the word of GOD. They wasted no time.

  • GOD wants me to obey HIS calling immediately.
  • GOD wants me to get rid of my complaints about HIS calling and respond with action.
  • GOD wants me to see not doing HIS calling as something to fear.


The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. When GOD calls me to do something, HE wants immediacy. HE is patient though. HE knew I would walk away from HIS calling or half do it from time to time. HE grows me up to see the importance of HIS calling so I will take it seriously and not complain. I am grateful GOD rewards me when obey HIM.

  • Are you half-serving GOD?
  • Do you place the world’s situations over GOD’s calling?
  • Will you answer GOD’s calling on your life with immediacy and priority today?

No comments:

Post a Comment