Monday, June 15, 2020

Encourage with Purpose


Acts 11: 22 Then news of these things came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent out Barnabas to go as far as Antioch. 23 When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord. 24 For he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.

25 Then Barnabas departed for Tarsus to seek Saul. 26 And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

============

“Become a speaker to high schoolers” someone suggested . “What should I say?” was my reply. “Just talk about what you do” was the suggestion. I did just that and I could hear “get off the stage” in their lack of attention. Another speaker suggested I encourage them next time. I did and that went much better.

  • There were times when I just wanted to speak.
  • There were times when I wanted to be part of the solution but went about it in a bragging way.
  • There were times when I was not confident in what I could offer and it showed when I spoke.


Barnabas was sent to Antioch because the news of the people believing in JESUS had spread. When he arrived, he saw the grace of GOD. People must have had so much joy, that it showed on their faces in spite of their circumstances. Barnabas encouraged them with “purpose of heart.”

  • GOD wants me to live my life for HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants me to bear HIS fruit while HE sustains me.
  • GOD wants me to encourage others to believe in HIM, give their lives to HIM and live their lives with purpose for HIM.


Encouraging people is great. Encouraging people to live their lives with purpose for GOD is exactly what HE is looking for. HE wants people to be encouraged enough to want to bear fruit. This is not easy, especially when the circumstances seem to grow larger each day.

GOD cared enough to warn humans about the days we are in. HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me so I would hold on, otherwise I would give up. HIS message of love filled my heart. I am grateful HE wants me to encourage others for HIM.

  • Have you been believing in JESUS as the answer to everything?
  • Have you put your trust in GOD continuously?
  • Will you continue to grow in HIS faith, knowing HE sees you and hears you and is pleased with you and what you just did for “that” person?

No comments:

Post a Comment