Thursday, June 11, 2020

Then I Remembered


Acts 11: 13 And he told us how he had seen an angel standing in his house, who said to him, ‘Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon whose surname is Peter, 14 who will tell you words by which you and all your household will be saved.’ 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, ‘John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ 17 If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?”

18 When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.”

============

Trying to cross the pool seemed like a daunting task but it was required for the grade. As I jumped in, things seemed to be okay, but halfway through, I started losing momentum. Then I remembered what the instructor said about relaxing, turning my head face upwards and breathing through my mouth each stroke. I made it to the other side.

  • There were some things I had to learn in order to apply it.
  • There were some things that were taught to me that did not come in handy until I applied it.
  • There were some lessons I discounted until I really needed them.


Peter continued explaining why he was speaking to another race about JESUS. He wrapped up the amazing recount of events with something that happened in common with those who questioned him. He said “Then I remembered the word of the LORD.”

  • GOD teaches me so I can have the right words at the right time.
  • GOD teaches me so I can have the right behavior at the tight time.
  • GOD teaches me so I can believe, apply and teach what HE wants me to teach.


The HOLY SPIRIT brings things to my remembrance. When I read about GOD, the HOLY SPIRIT places the words in my heart. Someone else comes along to water the seed planted in my heart. The seed grows into a tiny bit of faith, or mercy or love, depending on the seed.

Eventually I am faced with a situation where I need to give someone a word of encouragement. Then I remember what GOD has planted in my heart from the lesson HE taught me. I am grateful for the HOLY SPIRIT, who leads and guides me.

  • Are you trying to live life without learning who GOD really is?
  • Are you busy learning everything else but not spending time learning about the ONE who cares about you?
  • Will you take some time to learn about JESUS and what HE has done for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment