Monday, June 29, 2020

For or Against


Acts 13:Now when they had gone through the island to Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul, Sergius Paulus, an intelligent man. This man called for Barnabas and Saul and sought to hear the word of God. But Elymas the sorcerer (for so his name is translated) withstood them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith. Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him 10 and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? 11 And now, indeed, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time.”

And immediately a dark mist fell on him, and he went around seeking someone to lead him by the hand. 12 Then the proconsul believed, when he saw what had been done, being astonished at the teaching of the Lord.

============

Wanting a certain person on my team, I reached out to meet. Instead of asking questions about my team, she inquired about another area of the company. Slightly hurt, I was tempted to suggest the benefits of my department. I had a decision to make. Tell the truth and say “Go pursue the other department” or slander the other department.

  • There have been times when I really wanted my way.
  • There have been times when I considered using slander as a tactic to get my way.
  • There have been times when I wanted to overlook the truth in order to get my way.


Sergius Paulus sought to hear the truth about GOD and heard Barnabas and Saul were in town. Unfortunately, there were other people who wanted to remain in power and spread lies about them, trying to turn people from the faith they preached. Saul, who is also called Paul, was filled with the HOLY SPIRIT and saw through his evil attempt.

  • GOD gave me the HOLY SPIRIT to guide me in truth.
  • GOD gave me the HOLY SPIRIT so I can speak love, not slander.
  • GOD gave me the HOLY SPIRIT to fight the temptation of getting my way, instead of seeking the truth.


Listening to the HOLY SPIRIT and doing what HE says is highly important. When I choose to get my way over doing what the HOLY SPIRIT says, I am actually fighting GOD. Even when I do not seek to hear the HOLY SPIRIT, I am choosing a path that may be against GOD.

Everything I do is either for GOD or against GOD. That’s as plain as I can put it. This may only seem extreme when I am against GOD, trying to get my way. GOD wants to mature me to see HIM in everything, not just the things I want to put HIM in. I am grateful HE grows me at a pace I can handle.

  • Are you trying to get your way?
  • Do you have something in your heart that is causing you to lie or slander?
  • Will you ask GOD to remove the thing that keeps you from telling the full truth and fill you with the HOLY SPIRIT so HE can use you in a mighty way today?


No comments:

Post a Comment