Thursday, June 18, 2020

Free at Last


Acts 12: Peter was therefore kept in prison, but constant prayer was offered to God for him by the church. And when Herod was about to bring him out, that night Peter was sleeping, bound with two chains between two soldiers; and the guards before the door were keeping the prison. Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by him, and a light shone in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, “Arise quickly!” And his chains fell off his hands. Then the angel said to him, “Gird yourself and tie on your sandals”; and so he did. And he said to him, “Put on your garment and follow me.” So he went out and followed him, and did not know that what was done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision. 10 When they were past the first and the second guard posts, they came to the iron gate that leads to the city, which opened to them of its own accord; and they went out and went down one street, and immediately the angel departed from him.

============

Waking up with no meetings felt strange. No email to check and no phone calls to make was new to me. The elimination of the position I held was now real. All of the things I said I had no time for was brought to mind. I’m not talking about a “to do” list, rather GOD was asking me “Do you have time for ME now?”

  • There were times when I just wanted to be free.
  • There were times when I didn’t want responsibilities.
  • There were times when I dreamed of being on my own schedule.


Peter was heavily guarded and bound with chains between guards. Those who did not believe in the resurrection of JESUS, may have thought this measure of security would prevent any deception from happening. BUT GOD never deceives. HE sent an angel to free Peter.

  • GOD wants me to be free indeed.
  • GOD wants me to be loosed from strongholds.
  • GOD wants me to be lifted out of addictions.


Life has many holes for me to fall into. Desires for more stuff or lust over people, power or positions can cause me to get stuck on things that bind me, never seeing GOD in my daily walk.

GOD wants me to be freed up so I can speak about HIM another day. The pursuit of wealth and pleasure can bind the soul, but the pursuit of GOD’s kingdom frees the spirit. I am grateful JESUS has set me free. I am free indeed.

  • Are you stuck in or on something?
  • Do you feel locked up and want to be free?
  • Will you give your life to JESUS so HE will become your purpose and you will be free, even in the place you want to run away from?


No comments:

Post a Comment