Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Staying Too Long


Acts 12: 25 And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem when they had fulfilled their ministry, and they also took with them John whose surname was Mark.

============

Wanting to see the senior executives and the news people, I stayed around after the meeting was over. I did not know this was a huge mistake as this was a closed meeting that included specific announcements of the future of the company. I just wanted to see and hear things for myself. I was told to leave. This was an undesired result of staying too long.

  • There were times when I wanted to see the inception of an idea go to a finished product.
  • There were times when I did not understand what was going on so I was more curious than cautions.
  • There were times when I overstepped my role and wanted to be in the room when my request went up for discussion.


Barnabas and Saul returned home when they had fulfilled their ministry. There was a finite time for them to be there, serving the people. Perhaps if they served longer, the people would not have grown up. They did not overstay their welcome.

  • GOD wants me to have faith when I serve people.
  • GOD wants me to plant a seed in people and trust someone else to come along and water it.
  • GOD wants me to serve some people for a short time and others for a long time.


Listening to GOD is important because I could overstay my welcome at the place HE originally sent me. After a while I may start discussing comfortable topics rather than highly needed discussions. My fears of keeping the crowd appeased could be placed over speaking what GOD wants me to say.

GOD wants me to listen to HIM and stay in a place only as long as HE desires. HE then will move me to serve another person or group. Heaven is my comfort I look forward to. I am grateful HE protects me here on earth.

  • Are you holding onto the same ministry?
  • Is GOD trying to move your gifts and talents somewhere else, but you have become comfortable where you are?
  • Will you stop seeking retirement comfort and seek GOD’s kingdom no matter how old you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment